Zumba is a dance fitness phenomenon created by Columbian dancer, Beto Perez. Zumba consists of a combination of hip-hop, martial arts and popular South American dances. It is estimated that over 14 million people worldwide are involved in Zumba classes at least once a week. There are many fitness and health benefits associated with the highly aerobic activity as anyone who regularly participates in Zumba can attest.
Some of the benefits of Zumba include:
- Zumba is fun!
- Zumba is a great option for all fitness levels, everyone from fitness beginners to fitness professionals can reap the benefits of Zumba.
- Zumba consists of a combination of dance movements get your heart rate pumping, making it a great cardiovascular workout.
- Zumba also tones and strengthens your body, for example: the squat movements help to strengthen your butt and legs.
- All of the arm movements help to strengthen triceps, biceps and tone shoulders.
- Keeping your core muscles engaged throughout the class you would give you a great ab workout as well!
The problem with other fitness programs is that many individuals plateau. This occurs because of the repetitive nature that occurs when going to the gym and doing the same things every week. Zumba involves so many different moves that it would be hard for individuals to get bored.
If you are looking for a great cardio workout that is a ton of fun, then Zumba is definitely for you. It will help you torch calories, shed pounds and get fit. Here at Total Fitness Revolution, we offer several Zumba classes for all fitness enthusiasts who want to dance their way into shape. Check out our weekly class schedule if you’re interested in dancing your way into shape!