Here’s a great recipe with no sugar/sweeteners added to help you “Defeat the Sweets.”
4 green bell pepper, tops removed and seeded
1 lb ground turkey
2 tbsp olive oil
1⁄2 onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, chopped
1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 cup fresh spinach
1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
1 tbsp tomato paste (make sure there is no added sugar)
1 Italian seasoning, to taste
1 garlic powder, to taste
1 salt, to taste
1 pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Wrap green bell peppers in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until evenly brown. Set aside. Heat oil in the skillet and cook onion, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender.
- Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in tomatoes and tomato paste and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff the green peppers with the skillet mixture.
- Return peppers to the oven and continue cooking 15 minutes.